Bryncroes is a large inland parish near the S.W. end of the peninsula. It is mostly low-lying enclosed pasture; the W. part was reclaimed during the 19th century from the peaty tract of Rhoshirwaun, much of which is still very rough. The stone-axe factory on Mynydd Rhiw (No. 1535 and p. xlviii above) lies in this parish; there is no other important monument.
Ty Fair (SH 25293095, 44 N.W.) now displays no visible remains; according to local tradition1 a ruined building formerly stood on the site and graves had been found there.
Rhannwch - Share and Enjoy