(1682) MOTTE, on N.W. side of town. Mutilated remains of a circular mound originally perhaps 10 ft. high and 40 ft. in diameter at the top. The N. side has been terraced and revetted with a modern wall, and buildings encroach on the S. side, which has been partly cut away. The watch tower (No. 1681) crowns the summit. Nothing remains to show whether a bailey existed.
Condition: much mutilated.
SH 30664057 3 x 57 32 S.W. Unnamed
Rhannwch - Share and Enjoy